The modern world of publishing is overflowing with a large amount of content being published every day. With over 2 million articles published every year, the challenge faced by publishers to differentiate themselves grows in complexity. Today, content is not just limited to texts and figures; metadata associated with it, any supplementary information, and other assets like videos, datasets, etc., are equally important.
Enhancing and enriching the content can unlock its true potential. But doing this manually is tedious and may not deliver the expected results. A lot of time and effort is spent in transforming the content to the desired quality. Automation and AI/ML technologies are trying to address these issues and are adding value to content. Automation tools contribute to ensuring the quality, consistency, and validity of the content being delivered.
A platform that just helps publishers to collaborate and manage their journals and books may not be enough. You need a tool that automates redundant tasks and helps you to stand out among others by bringing your content to life.
How kriyadocs enriches your content
kriyadocs is a cloud-based, end-to-end digital publishing platform that helps publishers manage their entire publishing workflow seamlessly, starting from peer review to delivering final outputs to hosting platforms.
kriyadocs automates the publication process and enables you to focus on the important responsibilities rather than dealing with repetitive, mundane tasks. In addition, it provides the perfect collaborative environment for all your stakeholders and a variety of features that enable you to manage your publications with ease.
- Update your metadata for improved searchability. Supercharge your content by making changes or additions to metadata at any point in time. Subject areas and topic codes are captured upfront to enhance content categorization and improve the discoverability of digital content.
- kriyadocs works on an XML first principle that helps provide consistent content at all stages of the publishing process. AI/ML-enabled automated editing ensures that a uniform style is followed throughout. Also, all changes made are tracked for easy review.
- Data validation is done to check content against the prescribed business rules specific to a project. The content is also validated against external databases like PubMed, Crossref & FundRef to make sure accurate information is provided.
- kriyadocs allows authors, copyeditors, or editors to add alt text and long descriptions to a figure for improved accessibility. This helps you to deliver a rich content consumption experience for your readers and reach a wider audience.
- XML validation helps maintain your quality standards. Along with DTD validation, kriyadocs has validations in place for assets, broken links, corrupted files, etc. so that your content is always publication ready. The article can be transformed into any output format and pushed to multiple third-party entities like hosting platforms or downstream repositories. This eliminates the repetitive effort of working on the content to ensure compliance with various standards.
- Automated proofing and quality control help you create pitch-perfect pages. kriyadocs allows on-the-fly proofing that makes sure that the quality of content is maintained and your typesetting/business rules are adhered to.
kriyadocs accelerates your publishing process by simplifying your production workflow. Your entire workflow is fast-tracked by eliminating the need for a quality control process. The content undergoes validation at every stage and is always publication ready.
With the richness of automation and its user-friendliness, kriyadocs assures you quality publications at a faster rate.
Image courtesy: Website vector created by stories – www.freepik.com